Saturday 16 April 2016

Daredevil Season 2 Review

Daredevil Season 2 Review

You can also check out video review of the same HERE

If you haven’t started watching the series yet then check out my spoiler free review of the first episode of daredevil season 2. If you haven’t seen the first season then get out of the rock that you are living under and Watch it Right Now! So Lets talk about the 2nd season. Daredevil is one of those shows that I really love. I was very impressed with the way the first season was done it was gritty, it was raw and the show concentrated on character development a lot. Needless to say I was very excited to see the second season.

so first I will start with the positives. The season starts off with a bang. Grit and the raw quality, which we saw in the first season was carried over to this season as well. The scenes with punisher were very intense and exciting to watch. The first three episodes really knock it out of the park for me.Matt, foggy and Karen, all of them go through a big change in their relationships this season. it is very cool to see where these three characters end up by the end of the season. You remember the hallway fight scene where he beats up like 50 people well they also did something similar this time around. This scene is in the third episode and it is just awesome! 

Jon bernthal is great as the Punisher.I like him and want to see more of him in the upcoming seasons. I know that with Jessica jones and luke cage series out marvel is building up for the defender series. I think with punisher they were testing out how the character would do like they did with luke cage in Jessica jones. i think punisher should get his own series too. Alright with that out of the way let me tell you about the things I didn’t like. Electra, well her character was beautifully written but the actor who played the role was not a right fit. I think she was not the best choice for the role. She didn’t really have the charisma as jonbernthal did in his character. For me she didn’t really work as electrabut her character was interesting.  Now I know many of you will not agree with me but that is my opinion.
Costumes in the show is one of the factors that I was concered about because I didn’t like the season one suit!.There are changes made to the suit during  the show and subtle changes with his mask as well in this season. I like the final version of the suit. I am glad they got the eyes right.

This season is as much about frank castle and Electra as it is about daredevil. Daredevil has a lot on his plate this season with these two around and “the hand” isn’t making things easier.  Talking about the hand I will only say one word “Ninjas” that’s it!


Ok so the season as a whole was not bad but it wasn’t as good as the first one. The first three episodes were the best among the whole season. It is a solid season though but for me certain parts felt a little under cooked than others. I loved Punisher, Electra not so much  I give this season 8/10 watch it for the punisher! 

No comments:

Post a Comment