Saturday 16 April 2016

F is for family Review

F is for family

For the video review click HERE

F is for family is an adult comedy show by Netflix created by bill burr and Micheal Price. It is a story about a lower middle class hard working family set in 1970’s. Before watching the show I kind of thought that this show was aiming to be next Simpson or family guy but the show is not like that at all. It is what I would call a Drama/comedy. The series has a continuing storyline throughout the season unlike the other shows. It is dark, funny and even chaotic at times.

You have all the same characters more or less, Angry dad, Mom with Sweet but Strong personality, Hell raising Kid, the Bully, Neighbor who the dad hates and an Awful boss. Even though the characters were the same I still kind of liked the family.Especially the kids, out of them the eldest kid,kevin murphy’s character stands out. He is the Bart Simpson of this show and justin long gives his voice to this character I wouldn’t have recognize it if his name wasn’t mentioned in the intro. He does an amazing job of bringing life to this character. I loved this one scene, where frank tries to teach kevin a lesson by tricking him into thinking that he is being shipped to Vietnam and has been enlisted in the military. It reminded me a little about my childhood and how I use to get into trouble. Frank, who is voiced by bill burr is a foul mouthed and abusive dad.  We have seen similar charcter before in simpsons but  some how you relate to frank and root  for him in the end. Ok Another thing about this show is that it has a lot of cursing in the show but it didn’t bother me but you can’t really watch it with the family either. Music in the intro was good and I felt like I was in the 70’s. At the core this show it is about family relationships and it has that dark humor mixed with real life problems that we haven’t seen in this kind of genre.Its first season contains 6 episodes, which is short and great for binge watching.

I definitely recommend you to watch this series and I give this Series three Stars and buy it. I hope they don’t ruin it in the next season.

Which Adult Cartoons shows do you like??  Comment below and let me know in the First one to Comment will get a Shout out in my next Review Video. If you like the video then Subscribe or leave a like down below.

No comments:

Post a Comment