Sunday 17 April 2016

The Wizards of the Aus Review

The Wizards of the Aus Review

Watch the video review HERE

Now one of the great things about my job is that I get to see new shows and tell you about it. A few days ago I stumbled on to the trailer of “The Wizards of Aus”and I couldn’t wait to see the series. It is a six part web series. It is a show created by Micheal Shanks and it is one of the most creative shows I have seen in a long time. You may recognize Micheal from his youtube Channel “timtimfed”. He has made a lot of short movies and all of them have that use special effects to tell an unique and interesting story.

“The Wizards of Aus” is a story about a Wizard who lives in a “Lord of the rings” kind of a universe and grows tired of the everyday hustle and bustle of thewizarding life. He decides that he wants a quite life in the suburbs. So he travels to Modern day Melbourne to escape his life in the wizarding world. The series shows how he tries to settle in and make a normal life for himself away from all the magic. But eventually his past catches up to him. Now Special effects is a big part of the movie. They have used practical and CGI effects to enhance the characters and they work so well. I am a huge fan of lord of the rings and harry potter movies and so it is great to see this series where characters from your favorite movie. All of them have a hilarious and unexpected twist. It is almost like you are watching a parody of the those movies. Many of the A list Actors like guy pearce(How did they rope him in?), Bruce Spence(Last time I saw him he was beating down NEO in the Matrix trilogy yup the “train man”) and Mark Mitchellare also in the series. They add a lot to the show and make it such a blast to watch.


If you haven’t guessed I really liked it and I give it a 9/10. I  highly recommend you to watch this series. It is small and you will miss it when its over.
Let me know what you tink about down in the Comments

If you like this video then subscribe and hit that like button.
See you next time. peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment