Saturday 16 April 2016

Over the Garden Wall Review

Over the Garden Wall

Watch the video review of the same HERE

This series has become one of my favorite Animation series ever. I have always liked spooky stories, ghost stories and stories about the afterlife in general simply because those stories talked about the unknown and supernatural. I am very surprised that Cartoon Network made series. It’s plot and characters revolve around afterlife and darkness so it was clearly not suitable for children having said that this is one of the best animation series that I have laid my eyes on.

It is a story about two brothers who are lost in the unknown and searching their way out. In this mysterious place they encounter all sort of creatures and people who are weird and just plain creepy. One of the first characters that they meet is the “Woodsman”. He warns them about the ominous figure called the “beast”. Beast is an evil creature in the woods. He is always looking for kids who have lost their way and turn them into oil for his lantern. 

It is made by patricmchaleOne of the things I loved about this show is its characters and they arevoiced by well known actors likeElijah Wood as Wirt, Colin dean as greg, Melanie lynskey as Beatrice, Christopher Lloyd as the woodsman, John cleese  as the Adelaide of the pasture and quincyendicott, tim curry as auntie whispers. Youngest brother Greg is my favorite character because he is such a free spirit and Beatrix address this fact in one of the episodes. And plus “patato and molasses” is best song ever!!! It is just fun to watch him and colin did a good job in the voice department. I love this tim burton “esk” kind of visual and story telling. I think it hits all levels, it is not only interesting for kids but also engages adults like me.  This series gives out a late 18th and early 19th century vibe that adds to the charm of the show. The music is clearly influenced by that period in time. You can see that lot of pain staking work has gone behind this show.  In fact that it took them 10 years to bring this show to the small screen. 
Villian
I am not exaggerating when I say that this show has one of the best villians ever. The beast is very creepy and evil. If you put yourself in the shoes of the brothers the whole reason of beast’s existance is disturbing.You know the series or a movie is going to be good when you see the Villian or the antagonist.
What is this place called “the Unknown”?
Well you have to watch the series to find out but after watching it if you feel you want to talk about just give this video thumbs up and if i get 50 likes in this video I will make another video discussing the unknown and where the brothers are lost.
Rating
If you like Sleepy hollow,  Beetlejuice or Corpse Bride then you have definitely like the Show. It is alsoa good choice for binge watching on Halloween nights. you haven’t check it out yet I highly recommend it. Don’t research it too much, just start watching. I give this show 10/10 every time I watch it I notice something new which I missed before.


As always subscribe to my channel for more updates on the videos.  

No comments:

Post a Comment